Since my work banned access to twitter, it is not as easy to share great Lean related articles. I will do this on my blog now!
- Failure vs. Mediocrity – Dan Pink has a great thought about the creeping disease of mediocrity.
- How To Scold Like A Kaizen Sensei – Jon Miller explains the heart of scolding, something that surprised me in the Birth Of Lean book.
- Lost In The Land Of Firefighting – This short video shows how we can easily lose sight when putting out fires. I think it also shows why gemba walks need to be done instead of those doing the work saying “I already know it because I do it everyday”.
- An Idea Is Not Always Enough – Jamie Flinchbaugh uses an Aesop fable to demonstrate the importance of taking action on an idea instead of just talking about it.
- Of 777s and Heart Rate Monitors – Mark Graban tells a story about a hospital death due to a heart monitor being turned off and illustrating the need for error-proofing.
- Who’s Most Responsible for KPO Development? The KPO! – Mark Hamel encourages KPO offices to have intellectual curiosity to the point of obsession to be able to develop itself.
- Mocking Boards – Mike Wroblewski’s post demonstrates the effects of making problem’s visible.
- What does it take to be a Lean Manager? – Tim McMahon gives some practical advice for what makes a Lean manager.
- Magical Street Graffiti – 35 Breathtaking Illusions!! – Not Lean but the artwork is amazing!